UCBC Volunteer Positions
With the success of our New free Membership Policy, we happily discovered that most of our Members are willing to Volunteer some of their time with UCBC. We need a Volunteer Coordinator to help them fulfill their wish.
- Compile and keep the list of UCBC Volunteers up to date.
- Contact our UCBC volunteers by email or by phone when their support is needed for UCBC projects or events.
- Attend events in the community and promote UCBC
- Create presentation materials showcasing UCBC's projects and interests
- Present posters at Vancouver Aquarium's Divers' Weekend, Beach Interpretation days, community events, dive shows, etc.
Adopt a Mooring Buoy Project Coordinator:
- Initiate and maintain a volunteer-based mooring buoy stewardship program.
- Promote the program within the dive community and manage buoys stewardship.
- Liaise with volunteer divers to ensure proper training and safety measures are in place for buoy maintenance dives.
- Coordinate and catalog regular cleanings and inspections of Our Mooring Buoy Fleet
Social Media Volunteers:
- Set up and maintain the UCBC Twitter account.
- Maintain and grow our Google + account
- Post relevant content on the UCBC Facebook page
- Write our quarterly newsletter
- You write it, we'll format and edit and send it to our members
- No need to know any website language, but if you do, please let us know!